Pathfinder course pre-requisite
Have completed at least one level of Investiture
Achievement and had an attendance record of at
least 80% during the most recent active year. All
new TLTs start at Level 1
Complete a Club Orientation Program covering:
- Pathfinder objectives and purpose
- Investiture Achievement
- Program format
- Basic club policies including: finances, attendance, enrollment, etc.
- Leadership style/chain of command
- Discipline techniques and procedures
- Club goals
- Communication channels
Administrative Operations- Club Planning
- Summarise your involvement in assisting in the planning of at least 3 club activities that could include, but not
- Regular meetings
Summarise your involvement in assisting in the planning and coordinating the yearly and single
meeting schedules. This includes times for Investiture
Achievement, honor instruction, special events, worships,
outings, and camping trips.
Working independently, the TLT to develop the weekly schedule in the Pathfinder meeting
place, including weekend schedules on camping trips.
Administrative Operations- Worships
- Summarise your involvement in assisting in developing ideas for worships including themes,
topics, guests and activities.
Summarise your involvement in assisting in planning and scheduling worships. Prepare
materials, invite speakers, introduce them, and send thank
you notes. Be prepared with a backup program if there is
Working independently, the TLT should coordinate with TLT's, pathfinders, leaders assigned to teaching and counselling
operations to make sure that opportunity is given for
Pathfinders to do worships necessary for completion of
Administrative Operations- Drill & Exercises
- Summarise you involvement in assisting in arranging, scheduling, and facilitating units in
conducting opening and closing exercises during meetings
and events including the posting of colours
Summarise you involvement in assisting in teaching basic marching and drilling techniques.
Working independently, the TLT to develop, train, and schedule the exhibition drill team.
Administrative Operations- On-Site Safety
- Summarise your involvement in assisting in the planning, scheduling and coordinating safety
personnel and equipment when necessary.
- Car park, driveway entrances, footpath or forecourt.
- Entrances to the building and the Pathfinder meeting areas.
Summarise your involvement in assisting in assisting in the establishing or continuing contact with local
emergency and police agencies.
Working independently, the TLT should develop a check out system for safety equipment and
assist with its storage, upkeep and repair. This may
include club flash lights, traffic cones, reflective vests,
fire extinguishers, fire buckets, first aid kits, tool boxes,
roadside emergency kits, etc.
Activities Operations- Event Planning
- Summarise your involvement in assisting in the planning at least two off-site events including
one of the following, but not limited to:
- Camping Trips
- Field Trips
- Pathfinder Bible Experience Trips (Area, Conference, Union, Division levels)
- Special events not regularly scheduled by the club
Coordinate with Administrative and Teaching Operations
to insure events or activities needed have time allocated
for Investiture Achievement requirements, and that
proper preparations are made. Prepare, mail, and post
all necessary promotional materials, a schedule, task
assignments, menus, and activities.
Summarise your involvement in assisting in planning for photography/videography personnel
to provide pictures to be used for reporting the event and
for promoting your Pathfinder club ministry.
Activities Operations- Logistics
- Summarise your involvement in assisting in planning campsite layout and facilitate campsite
Summarise your involvement in assisting in developing a packing list, preparing and packing
all general club gear, and unpacking, accounting for, and
repairing general club gear upon return from an event.
Working independently, the TLT to develop and be ready to carry through alternative plans
should the event have to be changed for any reason. (i.e.,
rain, snow, cancellation, etc.)
Activities Operations- Food
- Summarise your involvement in assisting in developing a menu and food supplies list for the
event. Assist in the purchase of required food items and
Summarise your involvement in assisting in assisting in unit assignment to kitchen preparation, food preparation, water
detail, and wash station.
Working independently, the TLT to develop club guidelines for food safety. Learn about requirements for Basic Food Hygiene Course. Obtain a Food Hygiene certificate.
Activities Operations- Off-Site Safety
- Summarise your involvement in assisting in planning, scheduling, and arranging for adequate
and proper safety at departure, on site (including night
watch if needed), and at the return point.
Coordinate with the TLT attached to Records Operations
to collect and record permission slips, fees or other
required paperwork in preparation for departure. Track
and tally the group total for clerical and security reasons.
Summarise your involvement in assisting in making arrangements for adequate
transportation, including vehicle preparation and
reservation, written directions provided to all drivers, and
emergency policies and meeting places arranged for and
communicated to all parties concerned.
Here is where you would find useful information such as Residential Weekend presentations etc